5/19/2012 (9:00 AM-3:00 PM)
Household Hazardous Waste Collection
Description: Household Hazardous Waste and E-Waste Collection
SATURDAY, MAY 19, 2012
CITY OF WEST COVINA
City Maintenance Yard
9:00 am - 3:00 pm
Sponsored jointly by the Los Angeles County Sanitation Districts and the Department of Public Works. The Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) Collection Program gives Los Angeles County residents a legal and cost free way to dispose of unwanted household chemicals that cannot be disposed of in the regular trash.
THINGS WE WANT YOU TO BRING...
- Motor Oil, Antifreeze, Paint, Paint Thinner.
- Turpentine, Cleaners with Acids or Lye.
- Pesticides and Herbicides.
- Household and Car Batteries.
- Old Computers and Television Sets.
- Sharps or Used Needles.
- Expired Pharmaceuticals and Mercury Thermometers.
THINGS WE DON'T WANT YOU TO BRING...
- Explosives, Ammunition or Radioactive materials.
- Waste from Businesses will NOT be accepted.
- Trash or Old Tires.
- White Goods such as Washers, Stoves, Refrigerators or Air Conditioners.
HOW TO PREPARE...
- In general there is a limit of 15 gallons or 125 lbs. per vehicle.
- Bring items in a sturdy box, preferably in their original labeled containers.
- Be prepared to leave your containers.
- Do not mix products together.
FOR MORE INFORMATION, CALL:
- THE LOS ANGELES COUNTY SAnITATION DISTRICTS - (800) 238-0172