Back to Home Contact Us News Calendar
January, 2013

LA Works to Host Cash for College Workshops
Irwindale, CA

Cash for College Workshops provide free, one-on-one professional financial aid assistance to families completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid [FAFSA] and Cal Grant GPA Verification Forms. The Free Application for Federal Student Aid [FAFSA] is a required form in financial aid application packets whether you want to attend a four-year college/university, community college, vocational or technical school.

LA Works will be hosting 6 Cash for College Workshops during the months of January and February 2013. Please plan on attending at least one. If you complete the FAFSA at school or home, bring a copy of the Student Aid Report and complete a survey.

Workshop Schedule for LA Works Location:
5200 Irwindale Avenue
Irwindale, CA (626)960-3964

1/12/2013 from 9:00 am – 11:00 2m
5200 Irwindale Ave., Irwindale 91706

1/30/2013 from 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
5200 Irwindale Ave., Irwindale 91706

2/16/2013 from 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm
5200 Irwindale Ave., Irwindale 91706

2/25/2013 from 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
5200 Irwindale Ave., Irwindale 91706

Workshop Schedule for Claremont Youth Activity Center Location
1717 N. Indian Hill Blvd.,
Claremont, CA 91711
(909) 399-5360

1/30/2013 from 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm
1717 North Indian Hill Blvd., Claremont 91711

2/23/2013 from 10:00 am to 12:00 pm
1717 North Indian Hill Blvd., Claremont 91711

What to Bring
• Bring your parent or guardian and their financial documents such as the 2012 Federal income tax return, their W-2 Forms or any records of earned income.
• Bring your Social Security Card, Driver's License or Alien Registration Card.
• If you are under-documented, AB540 experts will work with you to determine alternative opportunities for entering the college of your choice.

What to Expect
• Our Financial Aid professional will be available to answer general and specific questions about completing the FAFSA and CalGrant forms.
• Most families will be encouraged to complete the FAFSA form in the "on-line" format on computers at our center.
• Our professional staff will provide line-by-line instructions to complete the FAFSA form.
• Family resource materials will be available to encourage student success.

Documents Needed
You will need records of income earned in the year prior to when you will start school.
You may also need records of your parents´ income information if you are a
dependent student.

For the 2012-2013 school year you will need financial information from 2012. You will
need to refer to:
• Your Social Security Number. Be sure it is correct!
• Your driver's license (if any)
• Your 2012 W-2 Forms and other records of money earned
• Your (and your spouse´s, if you are married) 2012 Federal Income Tax Return.
• IRS 1040, 1040A, 1040 EZ
• Foreign Tax Return, or
• Tax Return for Puerto Rico, Guam, American Samoa, the U.S. Virgin Islands,
• the Marshall Islands, the Federal States of Micronesia, or Palau
• Your Parents´ 2012 Federal Income Tax Return (if you are a dependent student)
• Your 2012 untaxed income records
• Veterans benefits records
• Child support received
• Worker's compensation
• Your current bank statements
• Your current business and investment mortgage information, business and farm
• records, stock, bond and other investment records
• Your alien registration or permanent resident card (if you are not a U.S. citizen)

To organize your information, print and complete a FAFSA on the Web Worksheet
before you begin entering your information online.

Keep these records! You may need them again. Do not mail your records to Federal Student Aid.
*Apply for FAFSA:*
*Apply for PIN: *

Filing Deadline: March 2, 2013

Questions Call: Sarah Watson at (626) 960-3964 x 2389.